Our church is part of the Nazarene denomination (a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition). As such, we operate under the structure and doctrines of the Church of the Nazarene. Our Agreed Statement of Belief from the Nazarene Manual is presented below, but you can find the more in depth version of our 16 articles of faith on the website listed here. If you are interested in finding out more about our denomination, you may visit the main website at www.nazarene.org. You may also find more information regarding our Nazarene District at www.upstatedistrict.org.
Agreed Statement of Belief
Recognizing that the right and privilege of persons to church membership rest upon the fact of their being regenerate, we would require only such avowals of belief as are essential to Christian experience. We, therefore, deem belief in the following brief statements to be sufficient. We believe:
- In one God—the Father,Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.